Thai Yoga Bodywork
Thai Yoga Bodywork
This is Integrative Bodywork: a fusion of Massage, Reiki, Guided Embodiment, & Aromatherapy.
Effective, Nourishing , Elegant.
This is Integrative Bodywork: a fusion of Massage, Reiki, Guided Embodiment, & Aromatherapy
- Thai Bodywork is an effective, nourishing, and elegant treatment. Shakti brings her 25 years of Bodywork experience to your session; that includes 15 years of Thai experience with individuals, group workshops, and teaching both undergraduates and professionals at the Swedish Institute College of Health Sciences in Manhattan.
- It ‘s done on a comfortable thick mat on the bamboo floor, you wear loose confortable clothing
- We usually begin with a meditation, to center and leave other concerns behind. Breath practices and energy healing are integrated into the session as you are moved through a series of Yoga poses. You are active a little bit, but mostly settle back and enjoy as you are moved from sitting to lying down, into twists, and back into restful poses.
- The rhythmic flow of thai yoga massage will bring you into a deeply calming, restful, and relaxed state. Additional benefits noted by clients: improved posture, relief from back pain and sciatica and other physical issues, improved overall well being, better sleep, anxiety relief, calmer mind, more even keeled emotions, improved circulation in hands and feet. Contentment, Joy.
- The joints are rotated, and muscles compressed, energy meridians stimulated to move stagnant energy. You will be feeling massage pressure from Shakti’s hands, elbows, knees, and feet.
- Thai Yoga Massage traces its roots back 2,500 years to India and Buddhism. It developed over a period of centuries within the environment of Buddhist temples. It is still practiced and taught today in The Thai temple, or Wat, which also serves as a health center. It is practiced with Metta (loving kindness) and compassionate touch.
- You can opt for a 60 or 90 minute session, although a 90 is strongly recommended to give time for the full benefit. 2-3 hour sessions are common in Thailand.
- Reiki energy work, Polarity Bodywork, Aromatherapy, Guided breathing, and Sound Healing are integrated into your session.
- Note: Recommended for those with Parkinson’s as studies show that movement staves off symptoms.
75 minute Session: $125
90 minute Session: $150
Thai Yoga Bodywork is offered by Shakti Smith, one of our Yoga teachers and a most gifted body worker. Don’t miss this! Thai Yoga Massage is a luscious, deeply nourishing, and balancing journey into the wisdom of your body.
Online and In Person:
Tuesdays and Thursdays 1-9
Are you ready to schedule your session? Would you like to ask more about how I can help you?
Do you have a question about trainings or workshops?
Please fill out this form, or call me at 917-405-5877.
I look forward to Meeting you.